Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So...

Everything that I’ve written in this blog may be wrong. I make bold statements, and then sometimes, the facts on the ground change. Yesterday, for example, it drizzled after I said that doesn’t happen in the tropics, and the other day it threatened to rain, but didn’t. And, after talking about the perfect weather over the weekend was, the last two days have been painfully hot. Hot like Dar Es Salaam. Dripping sweat off the forehead hot. Three showers in one day hot. So hot that I drink nearly a gallon and don’t have to pee more than once. The only thing that’s saving me now is sitting in the airport next to one of the largest air-conditioners I’ve ever seen. Must be eight feet high by five feet wide. Big. And powerful. I can only hope that my next destination, the last one on this trip, is much cooler than this one. And, if not, I guess that spring in Berkeley is less than a week away.

No comments:

Post a Comment