Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finally in Africa

While today is my third day in Uganda, it's my first day in the capital. And it's vibrant,  full of people, and smog.  The last few days were spent in the sleepy little airport town of Entebbe, made famous by Idi Amin and the Israeli raid on a hijacked plane. We were there to meet with folks from the Nile Basin Initiative, the group that is threatening to hire me to do work for them in nine countries from Egypt to Burundi.  That could extend my trip significantly and push me over fifty countries.  I have nothing more profound to say, so I'm going to keep this short and say a lot more after my next couple of days when I'll be photographing at Uganda's largest hospital.  Should be an eyeful.

PS. you all are invited to the Opening Night Party of Effendy's Inn tomorrow night. Live music, free buffet, and lots of Turkish Delight.  We're sitting here now, and they've asked us to come back tomorrow for this 500+ person party.

No comments:

Post a Comment